After nearly three years running CAST’s pop up café, restaurant manager-turned-chef Dominic Bailey will lead the creation of a new, full-time café business. Scheduled work on the café includes new French windows leading to a terrace, the installation of bench seating, redevelopment of the servery area, and a new kitchen enabling it to open full time. For those familiar with the café, fear not! The café space itself will lose none of it’s delightfully airy and light-filled charm, and the magnificent wood burning stove, funded by the successful crowd funding campaign A Hearth For Helston, will be retained. The improvements to the space will be felt by all.
WHAT TO EXPECT
– A licensed café, open six days a week, Tuesday to Sunday.
– A broader menu, still working closely with the seasons and local produce.
– Limited evening dinner services.
– Continued catering for CAST events.
– Occasional CAST Café events, building on formats such as the Geographic series.
– An outside catering service for events and parties across West Cornwall.
– A retail service of home essentials such as artisan bread, coffee and wine, to take away lunches and more